1. Create a Budget - What you are able to spend will influence key decisions in the design and planning process of the nursery so it really should be the first thing you do. Sit down and crunch the numbers and then decide how much of the budget will go to the various things you need for the baby room's design. For example, say you have $1000 to spend. You might want to allow $200 for bedding and matching accessories (crib mobile, window treatments, etc.), $500 for the baby room furniture and mattress, $100 for artwork and paint, wallpaper, or murals, and $200 for miscellaneous items such as rugs, diaper pails, a baby monitor, storage and organization items, etc.
2. Decide on a Theme or Look for the Nursery - If you want to go with a theme for your baby's room, now is the time to choose it. If you don't want a theme, decide what kind of look and feel you want the room to have. Something classic? Chic? Simple? Elegant?
3. Begin Shopping - Now comes the fun part, shopping! You will probably want to begin by purchasing the nursery bedding first. Then you can choose furniture in a finish that best compliments the bedding you chose. Remember to keep your budget in mind. If you spend more than you allowed for an item on your list, you will have to shave the money off your budget somewhere else.
4. Prepare the Walls - Once you have purchased the bedding you can make the important decision of what to do with the walls. Usually the major choices when it comes to this is paint, wallpaper, or murals. Whichever you decide to go with should compliment the baby bedding, furniture, and décor you plan to decorate the room with. If you are painting, you may want to take a piece of the bedding with you to the paint store to help you choose paint colors.
5. Decorate! - Once the walls are prepared, you can decorate the room. Set up the furniture, hang window treatments and artwork, put the bedding on the crib, and organize the nursery and closet.
By creating a baby room design plan before you get started preparing your baby's nursery, you insure that everything goes smoothly, nothing is overlooked, and you stay within your budget. It is a great way to make sure that a joyous occasion doesn't get stressful. Happy Decorating!
When you're expecting a new baby, it's important to select a fun baby room design to make baby's room special and unique. Whatever you prefer, there are many designs suitable for the nursery for your new child. From boys to girls to twins, there are a ton of fun varieties in the way of decorating ideas to make baby's room fun and stylish.
Themes like jungle, cowboy & cowgirl, Beatrix Potter, and baseball are popular design themes for nurseries. The sky is the limit when it comes to baby room designs. Whatever style you like, there is a way to find a nursery design to represent it. For baby boy, firefighter themes, sports themes, and oven shades of blue might be chosen. For baby girl, princesses, dolls, and wonderfully girly colors might be the basis for the nursery design.
Other popular design styles for baby room designs are vintage themes, retro styles, and even modern design. Some parents enjoy giving the nursery a theme that isn't as traditional as nursery rhymes or cartoon themes. Since designing the nursery is such an important part of preparing for the arrival of the new baby, most parents choose the design of the nursery early in the pregnancy. Whether having twins or a baby boy or a baby girl, preparing the nursery is an important part of the ritual of becoming a parent.