Access health information and communicate with your care team anytime, anywhere.
athenaPatient is only available for patients whose healthcare providers have instructed them to download and use the app.
Access your health information and communicate with your care team anywhere, anytime.* athenaPatient is a convenient, mobile resource that allows you to:
- Log in quickly – Facial recognition and touch ID make log in easy while keeping your data safe.
- View test results – Access lab, imaging, and other medical test results as soon as they become available.
- Message your care team – Contact your care team whenever you have questions through quick, secure direct messages.
- Self-schedule appointments – Book appointments with your care team and view upcoming visits beyond regular office hours. Your provider(s) must support Self-Scheduling to use this feature.
- Check in before your visit – Easily check in for appointments and save time by completing any necessary documentation before your arrival. (Your provider(s) must support Self Check-In to use this feature)
- Attend virtual visits – Easily initiate and attend telehealth visits with members of your care team. (Your provider(s) must support virtual visits through athenaTelehealth to use this feature.)
- Get directions to appointments – Driving directions show you how to get to your next medical appointment.
Please note that you must have an existing athenahealth Patient Portal account to use athenaPatient.
Once you’ve downloaded and launched athenaPatient, you must log in using the same email address and password you use to access your provider’s athenahealth Patient Portal to begin using the app. It will ask if you want to enable Face ID or Touch ID. Enabling either of these features will save you from having to enter your login information every time you want to use the app.
If you do not have your Patient Portal account information, your healthcare provider(s) may offer Patient Portal access through their website.
If you’re having issues finding your healthcare provider’s Patient Portal, you can contact their office for the correct URL, or to request an email invitation to their Patient Portal.
* The athenaPatient app is only available for download and viewing information in the United States for patients of healthcare providers on the athenahealth network.