anyTide UK Tides APK
Apr 08 2015
The description of anyTide UK Tides
anyTide predicts tides from a combination of gauge and model data from around the North Western European Shelf, with particular focus on the British Isles.
Pins show the locations of the tide gauges in the UK National Tide Gauge Network.
The 3D computer model developed at NOC then fills in the gaps between the gauge observation points, with a 1.8Km feature resolution.
With this model, anyTide really can provide a tidal prediction at any point along the UK coast to the nearest 1.8Km.
Note that Tides at a bookmarked location can be viewed with no network connection required.
The tide chart features are:
* zoomable from 12 hours to 3 weeks
* swipe right or left to scroll time periods
* auto and manual height scale from 5m to 15m
* long press to access precise time / height data
The app is free to download. In this state it will provide tidal prediction for all points for the current day.
It will also give tidal predictions for the point (N 53.433 W 3.100). This is just off the Liverpool coast close to the original Proudman Oceanographic Laboratory founded by Joseph Proudman and Arthur Doodson.
A calendar year's worth of predictions for all the British Isles can be purchased from within the app.
Displayed times are shown correctly in GMT or BST, depending on the date.
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
http://www.nerc.ac.uk/about/ is the UK's main agency for funding and managing research, training and knowledge exchange in the environmental sciences.
Our work covers the full range of atmospheric, Earth, biological, terrestrial and aquatic science, from the deep
oceans to the upper atmosphere and from the poles to the equator.
The National Oceanography Centre
http://www.noc.ac.uk/about-us" is a fully-owned research laboratory of the Natural Environment Research Council.
Our world-class research includes:
* physics of estuarine, coastal and shelf sea circulation
* wind wave dynamics & sediment transport processes
* global sea level science and geodetic oceanography
* marine technology & operational oceanography
* We live on an ocean dominated planet - two thirds is covered by water. The oceans directly affect our planet's climate and ecosystems. They are all undergoing massive changes; we need to discover and understand more about them. Our science and research is now more important and relevant than ever.
The National Tidal and Sea Level Facility (NTSLF)
The National Tidal and Sea Level Facility (NTSLF) was established in 2002 to reflect the importance of national sea level monitoring to the public
and government, as well as to the academic community.
- anyTide UK Tides 2.0 for Android 2.3.4+ APK Download
Version: 2.0 (10) for Android 2.3.4+ (Gingerbread MR1, API 10)
Update on: Aug 06 2015
APK File SHA1: 52232c719cf48b531b90e5a2884489d6fef7d4da
What's new: - New tidal current prediction tab added - Refreshed content in the A More...