The application has the following features:
• Collection of 100 anti-inflammatory recipes
• Offline browsing of the whole content
• Search function to find ingredients and recipes easily
• Catalog and Bookmark functions to save your favourite anti-inflammatory meals
• Customizable fonts, colors, backgrounds
• Day/Night reading mode
Increasingly, we are becoming aware that inflammation underlies many of the world’s most common diseases, even the process of aging. Clearly, inflammation is associated with such obvious inflammatory conditions as rheumatoid arthritis, but did you know that inflammation is a risk factor for developing heart disease and cancer, our most common killers?
Summary of the Anti-Inflammatory Diet:
• Eat calories in moderation by eating smaller portions. Fewer calories means lower body weight, which means less inflammation.
• Avoid “bad” fats (trans fat, saturated fat, too much omega-6 fat) and eat more “good” fats (omega-3 fat, monounsaturated fat).
• Limit your intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, and eat more high-fiber, low-glycemicindex sources of carbohydrates (i.e., whole grains).
• Enjoy unlimited amounts of antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables.
• Cook with anti-inflammatory herbs and spices.
• Avoid charred or overgrilled foods.
• Incorporate modest amounts of antioxidant-rich extras such as red wine, dark chocolate, and green tea into your daily diet.