everything that you feel while walking through the beautiful itineraries of Amelia,
in the harmony of the valley
where the eye sees the sky touch the earth.
Amelia, a journey through centuries of history
Formerly named “Ameria” from its founder Ameroe, it was a border town, first Umbrian and then Roman. The Latin writer Catone, who lived at the end of the 2nd century B.C., attributed a very early foundation date of 1134 B.C. to the town.
The Museum Circuit of Amelia: following the traces of the History
Visiting Amelia means diving into the history and the richness of its art treasures and archaeology. The Museum circuit includes the Archaeological Museum and the “Edilberto Rosa” Picture Gallery, the ancient Roman cistern and the Palazzo Petrignani which contains a number of frescoes.
In the Archaeological Museum a multimedia installation is used to narrate the story of the Germanicus. Images, videos and photos are projected on the wall in order to illustrate the story of the Roman military officer and to describe the bronze statue in a precise and engaging manner.