The description of Alerter- Be Safe/Prevent Crime
Alerter is a personal safety application that enables you to immediately inform about any wrong doing/harassment by sending text alerts without location info and capturing pictures silently.
1. Sends out alerts to paired mobile numbers on clicking power button few times, with location info.
2. Silent camera to capture image of the offender. Pictures will be stored on your SD card at the Pictures/Alerter folder. With this free version of the app, only one image may be captured in one session.
3. Configurable text message.
4. Configurable message sending frequency.
Use the silent image capture option responsibly. Use it only when you would like to present or substantiate the wrong doing later with the captured images.
You have to provide correct country code and mobile number for messages to be delivered.
Turn on your Location services (GPS and Wireless) for better location detection. Note that the location info is as accurate as provided by the Location services.
Turn on internet on your device, if available, so that more descriptive location info could be sent.
How to use Alerter:
1. Start Alerter from launcher.
2. Clicking on the "Be Alert !" button will put the app in "Be Alert!" mode. You must activate Alerter by pressing this button, otherwise no alerts will be sent.
3. You need to click on the "Settings" button on the main screen to configure the following:
- Input a pre-configured text message which will be sent along with the alert.
- Input how frequently to send text messages. Keep this value small (1 to 5).
- You would be able to set options for capturing image in silent mode.
- You may set the app to send messages to the primary mobile number only.
- You may add/delete mobile numbers to the app by clicking on the "Add/Delete Mobile Numbers" button.
4. This is the most important step to remember. Whenever you would like to start sending alerts, turn on and off your device three times (6 times button press), in "Be Alert!" mode. At this time, Alerter starts messaging your added mobile numbers. You would see a visible notification at the top bar, reminding you to stop the app when you no longer need it. Your device will vibrate for half a second after delivering a message. After the app is activated by you by pressing the power button 3 times, you may capture an image by pointing to the subject of the image and pressing the power button one more time. When you find your device to vibrate, you will come to know that the image has been captured and stored in the Pictures/Alerter folder on your device. You may later send these images to further report about the situation you came across.
5. When you have decided to stop alerting, press the "Stop" button on the main screen. Remember that until you stop Alerter this way, Alerter will continue to send messages to the added mobile numbers. Note that, charges for the text messages will be based on your tariff plan with your service provider.
Scenarios when Alerter may be used:
- Anybody apprehending any harassment/crime/wrong doing any where. (E.g. hope this does not happen, harassment against women)
- Seeing any social offence.
- Any other situation that you can think of worth alerting about and silently capturing pictures for proof.
Few things to note:
1. Once you have set a frequency thru the Settings screen and started Alerter, any change in the frequency value will have no effect until Alerter is closed and restarted with the new value.
2. You may turn on/off the capture image option without restarting Alerter.
3. It is important to save your settings in the Settings screen by pressing the "Save" button.
4. Use the on-screen navigation buttons to move around the screens. Pressing the back button on the phone will close the screen.
In case you come across any issues while using the app, please email at email@example.com with details about the issue, scenario, device make and Android version on your device.