Experience the first taste of the Africa Study Bible, the first full study Bible with notes written by Africans, for Africa. Right now, hundreds of African writers and editors from every major region in Africa are working together to develop the full ASB for release in 2016. The ASB will be a totally new kind of Bible, built from the ground up by scholars and pastors in Africa who see the critical need to make Scripture relevant to the everyday lives of Africans. Using the highly readable New Living Translation, the English edition of the Africa Study Bible aims to increase the understanding of the Bible using African insights and experiences to meet the needs of people in Africa and around the world.
We invite you to participate with the writers, editors, and designers of this unique project. Find out how you can help complete the promise of the Africa Study Bible at africastudybible.com.
- Application Notes inspire readers to apply Scriptural truths to real-life African issues.
- African Stories and Proverbs illuminate the text by using wise sayings and traditional stories from Africa's diverse history.
- Learn Notes create a knowledge base of the great doctrines of the Christian faith.
- Touch Points draw attention to Scripture passages that have a special connection with African culture.
- Topical Articles give practical advice on how to life out faith in critical areas of daily life.
- Book Introductions explain the historical context and contact each book's themes with needs and issues close to the African heart.
- Fast and easy to use
- Flip back and forth from your Bible to note-taking during lessons with one touch and not miss a thing
- No internet connection needed for downloaded Bibles, Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals
- Use either Study mode or Parallel mode.
- Select, copy and paste multiple verses easily and quickly
- Quick navigation either by using predictive entry or table of contents
- Margin notes allow you to write notes for a specific passage
- Night mode for low light reading
- Both word and verse selection for highlights
- Facebook and Twitter sharing
- Highlighting allows readers to easily emphasize verses or passages
- Full-text search by OT, NT or current book allows users to quickly find words and study topics
- Bookmark your favorite passages for quick future reference or make your own personal studies
- Powerful folder system allows users to organize notes and bookmarks
- History folder and back button
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Font sizes can be easily changed
- Easily e-mail notes to yourself, friends or family
- Users can expand Bible translations library easily and affordably through in-app purchase
- Split-screen capability for parallel translations
- Autoscroll with adjustable speed
- Synchronize all your notes, bookmarks, margin notes and highlights across all Android devices
Are we missing any features you would like to see? Do you have any suggestions? Email us at [email protected]