Experience the clash of lance on armour at our jousting tournament, knights in shining armour doing battle on the tournament field, cannon fire, dancing, drama, music and food. There is even a medieval marketplace for those in need of retail therapy.
This is the largest medieval festival in the Southern hemisphere, and a multi-award winning tourist attraction. This is where history comes alive. Explore the world of the middle ages as you visit the campfires of Vikings, Saxons, Normans and Mercenaries from far away Germany, or dance with Romani Gypsies.
This app will direct you to crowd favourites and ensure you don't miss the sights, sounds and smells of the Abbey Medieval Festival and other exciting upcoming events.
-- The Abbey Festival App includes –
* Detailed map of the festival grounds.
* Information about the location of the festival, what the Abbey Medieval Festival is about and the Abbey Museum.
* Detailed information about Must See events being held at the Abbey Medieval Festival.
* Details of re-enactment group events that you can join in the action.
* Facility to share comments with your friends on social networks and subscribe to the Abbey Medieval Festival newsletter.
* YouTube video channel showing exciting events from previous festivals and details for upcoming events.
* Information for visitors to SE Queensland including directions and information leading to local attractions and other upcoming festivals in the surrounding area.
* A Fan Wall where you can upload photos from the festival and make comments about your experiences at Abbeystowe.
* A handy QR scanner.
About this app: The Abbey Medieval Festival App was designed and produced by WhitsundayMobileMarketing.com.au and Ewareness.com.au